måndag 9 juni 2008

Hup Hup Oranje









Today is the first match for Netherlands in the European Championships in fotball. It's orange everwhere. Almost on all streets are there orange flags and even at some places they wrapped orange plastic around the trees. One thing is sure, the Dutch love fotball. We're gonna put up flags here as well soon. And tonight it's tv-time. The match starts at 21.00 and ofcourse are we all gonna wear orange t-shirts and a orange cap. I got a orange t-shirt from Dino's parents when I came here, so tonight it's going on!

I never saw anything like this madness about a sport in Finland where I lived. We're not that very good at fotball so I understand we don't go all blue and white about that but in icehockey we actually have a chance of getting a medal. But I never saw people hanging flags and balloons from their balconys for that. Maybe it's something we should introduce in my old country, casue I must admit, it gives a nice "Let's go get them!"feeling. I hope we win against Italy tonight. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hej Emma!
Va jätteroligt att få läsa om dej... jag kommer att regelbundet kolla hur du har det.
Många många varma kramar från Gitta

Emma sa...

Tack ska du ha :D !!